Art by Fire in Issaquah, WA is looking for a full-time glassblower to support and provide back up for our Lead Artist.
At Art by Fire you will be doing a mix of teaching, production and art glass pieces. For classes we offer frequent experience classes where the client makes one simple shape as well as 6-week beginning and intermediate classes. For production of a small order, you’ll work as a team of 2 with the lead artist. For larger orders we bring in others and you’ll work in a team of 3 or 4. For art pieces you’ll assist the lead artist in making pieces for the Art by Fire gallery as well as making your own gallery pieces. This position also starts the equipment in the morning most days. Art by Fire has a team culture and the full hot shop team participates in cleaning and maintenance of the shop.
The Art by Fire hot shop is open, and you’ll be working Wednesday – Sunday.
Qualifications and Skills
- Advanced glassblower with good people and teaching skills
- Must love to teach including children
- Ability to work well as a team member
- Commitment to team success
- Ability to lead the shop when the lead artist is out
- Free Blow-time
- One paid week for training in addition to paid vacation and color for your training class (we can’t pay for Pilchuck but we’ll pay you while you’re there and send you with color!)
- Easy to get to – 1 mile off I-90 with free parking
- A kind and caring team that’s great to work with!
For more information or to apply
Send your resume or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org We’ll email back within 24 hours. Calls and interviews will happen on the weekends. Thanks!